Freeing unused memory and cpu type

news.linuxfromscratch.org newslist at kogels.net
Mon Jun 21 14:00:17 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I just finished my own lfs installation, but when  I try to boot my new lfs
system it stalls at "Freeing unused memory". Reading all the mail about this
problem, it seems that it has something to do with my CPU. I compiled the
lfs system on a PIII and then transfered it to a PI system. Apperently all
the code has been compiled for i686 instead of i386. Is this correct? Should
I recompile all the code for i386 and than it should work?

If someone has some thoughts about it let me know...

Rene