Error compiling glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1

Roy toneyrr at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 17 20:13:09 PDT 2004

Hello,

I've been following LFS 5.1.1 and other than the slight issue I had
compiling gcc (which got remedied via anothe posting I found) haven't had
any problems.  I know my issue is caused due to the fact that my host system
is running Fedora 2 which contains a newer version of glibc but
unfortunately, due to the nature of my hardware (it is a PC but I can't
discuss due to a NDA), no other distro will work for me.

My error occurs whenever I issue the make AUTOCONG=no command during the
chapter 5 building of glibc.  After compiling for a while it exits with the
following error:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 1221: dl_main: Assertion
'pt_load_num || (void *) ph->p_vaddr == _rtld_local._dl_sysinfo_dso' failed!
make[2]: *** [/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.stmp]
Error 127

Many thanx to whomever helps me hack my way out of this mess,
Roy Toney toneyrr at earthlink.net
Blackholes are what happens when gods divide by zero.