Where can I ask BLFS questions

Richard A Downing FBCS richard at 109bean.org.uk
Wed Jun 16 14:15:53 PDT 2004

Robert Horton wrote:

> On Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004, at 11:59 US/Pacific, Bryan Breen wrote:
>
>> At 20:36 6/16/04 +0100, Richard A Downing FBCS wrote:
>>
>>> Robert Horton quoth:

>>> There are also 10 types of people using the LFS lists, those who read
>>> the rules and post in plain text, and those who don't - and use html.
>>>

>> Don't forget about line wrapping! (*ducks*the*flames*) :)
>>
> Unless I am missing something, and if I am please forgive me, but the
> netiquette rules state not to use HTML tags, which I did not do.
>
> Unless I am mistaken, I have seen other URLs posted on this list, and
> since the rules also state that any messages with HTML tags go straight
> to /dev/null, and my email made it too the lists, then I have to assume
> that my message was indeed ok. Note I am not trying to turn this into a
> flame war, just making sure anything I did do incorrectly I do not do
> again.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob

My mistake Rob.  Because your mail contained xml tags 'excerpt' and
'italic' (I'm not using > and < chars because the spam filters are
supposed to hold such mail for moderating - sometime they do, sometimes
they don't) my Thunderbird rendered it just like html.

I should have checked the source. Sorry.

For some reason Thunderthing also stopped linewrapping at 72 like it has
been told to.  (and now it's gone back to, too!).  I dunno why that
happened, Bryan.

--
Richard A Downing FBCS CITP
http://www.109bean.org.uk/