compile glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1 error

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Tue Jun 15 17:41:56 PDT 2004

Chris Lingard wrote:
> SubCode wrote:
>

>>hi all,
>>
>>well, here i am...
>>
>>when running ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-profile
>>--enable-add-ons=linuxthreads --libexecdir=/usr/lib
>>--with-headers=/usr/include --without-cvs command (page 77 LFS-book)
>>
>>i've got the following error:
>>
>>configure:6994: error: cannot compute sizeof (long double), 77
>>see 'config.log' for more details.

I remember this coming up before several times, but I don't specifically
remember the answer. If you search the list archives I'm sure the answer
is there.

>>when i test the 'ld' (file /tools/bin/ld) i've got the following:
>>/tools/bin/ld: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
>>for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
>>
>>this is not to be a statically linked?
>

> This must be statically linked, this is the mistake.

Are you sure Chris? He appears to be building the glibc of chapter six.
At that point I don't think there are any static packages, including
binutils. They should all be linked against libraries in /tools.

<snip>

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182