USB Ethernet & Kernel compilation

Krzysztof Sakrejda lfs_help at krsakrejda.eioMAIL.com
Mon Jun 14 10:01:36 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm compiling LFS-5.0 on a Toshiba 2065CDS w 233MHz processor and
Slackware 9.0 with the 2.4.22 kernel as the base distribution.  I
upgraded to that kernel because it allowed me to use my CATC USB-
Ethernet converter (sold by Belkin as F5U011).  I know this is a
crappy way to get ethernet but it's what I've got--hey I even got the
software modem on this computer working.

Now I'm at the first compilation of the 2.4.22 kernel for LFS-5.0 and
I'm unsure of what options I need to enable to get this device to work-
-any suggestions about resources I should read or things to do?

Best,

Krzysztof Sakrejda