ReiserFS and Kernel 2.4.26? Compatible?

The Other sstubbs at shout.net
Mon Jun 14 06:04:32 PDT 2004

Someone a few days ago was talking about problems they were having with
ReiserFS and LFS 5.1 using the 2.4.26 kernel.

I also had a problem.  When booting into LFS 5.1, the system was unable to
check the ReiserFS partitions and didn't mount them.

This was a spot of bother since I had set up /mnt/lfs to be a ReiserFS
partition.   (note, I didn't have this problem with the LFS 5.0 system
using the 2.4.22 kernel.  Everything worked fine.)

I fixed the problem by rebuilding and using an Ext2 partition for
/mnt/lfs.  But I had a data partition I left ReiserFS.  As before, it was
not checked and mounted during boot of LFS 5.1.  So I gave up on ReiserFS
with the 2.4.26 kernel and reformatted the data partition to Ext2.  When I
boot now, the data partition is checked and mounted and the data is
accessible.

Is this a known problem with the 2.4.26 kernel?
The Other.