Installing glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1 error

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Thu Jun 10 11:39:23 PDT 2004

Rumor has it that Ken Moffat may have mentioned these words:
>On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Roger Merchberger wrote:
>

> > Now, the weird thing is this only works in the / of the chroot environment
> > -- if, say, I cd /root, then most things break. I dunno if this is normal
> > or not; or if it might be the source of my problems...
> >

>  Sounds very nasty and certainly not normal.  In chroot, you are root so
>you ought to be able to work in directories even if you don't own them.
>What exact error message(s) do you get ?

I was getting "Command Not Found." I found out why, too:

in the PATH= statement to make the chroot environment, instead of having:

/tools/bin --- I had :
tools/bin  --- so it wasn't finding the tools correctly once I'd cd out of
the root directory...

So I'd bet that wasn't integral to my problem after all...

Ah well... to keep plugging away. Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Bugs of a feather flock together."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |           Russell Nelson