Installing glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1 error

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Jun 9 11:12:10 PDT 2004

Rumor has it that Ken Moffat may have mentioned these words:

>  The only thing I can see in yours is right at the top, where it's
>checking the sysdep dirs.  I've got a _lot_ more directories showing,
>and in particular several linuxthreads directories (that was doing a
>visual search/comparison for 'result', I'd forgotten my log would not
>have all the detail of the tests).  Are you using the genuine
>glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1 version of libc ?

Yup. Freshly downloaded, and trying to install with the basic nALFS profile
included with nALFS 1.2.3. -- I have not yet futzed with compiler options
in said profile, so they are empty / no optimizations.

Funny as it compiles/checks fine in Chapter 5... :-/

>  I'm basically none the wiser as to what the problem is, unless the
>configure switch to enable linuxthreads wasn't there (but it usually
>moans if you do that).

It seems to 'compile' as the error pops up during the "make check" part of
the profile... I are schtumped.

A bit more info: -- I'm compiling this on a Crusoe-based laptop running an
LFS 4.0 install. Most of the LFS4 was compiled with crusoe-based CFLAGS,
but I have X/mplayer/xmame/FVWM2.5 (my favorite!)/Mozilla/StarOffice 6 all
running on it[1], so unless there's a library that's out of date, I don't
think that it could be my machine.... ;-)

Thanks, and I'll keep plugging away,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] running *very* well, too -- I've impressed many a person with that
little rascal on how fast it runs compared to... say... RedFat. ;-)

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????