Installing glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1 error

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Jun 9 07:05:22 PDT 2004

[[ snipped from web archive post by Ken Moffat ]]

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Anders Lingfors wrote:

 > When trying to install glibc-2.3.3 (LFS 5.1.1, chapter 5), I get the
following error:

[snip] -- then Ken replied:

  I don't have any idea what is wrong, but looking at a handy i686 log
shows that mine didn't have the -fPIC, nor the -DPIC -DSHARED that you
have.  More worryingly, my output went into m_isinf.o and the final
file referenced on my system was m_isinf.o.dt

http://www.se.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/one-partition-hint.txt.
 > Everything has been fine up to this point. Any help is appreciated.
 >
 > /Anders

  Any chance you can attach the config.log (bzip2'd or gzipped) ?  If
it's excessively big, send it to me privately and I'll diff it against
my log from configuring / building / installing to see if I can see
anything (may take a little while, there will be spurious differences
e.g between i586 and i686).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If you need more info on this problem, I had errors compiling that section,
as well.

The config.log can be found on the web (in its entirety -- 33K or so) at:

http://www.30below.com/~zmerch/config.log

If you need more info, testing, whatever, please feel free to ask!

Thanks!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right???  Randomization is better!!!

If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.