Kernel Compiling issues

karsten.zimmerman at att.net karsten.zimmerman at att.net
Wed Jun 2 10:08:36 PDT 2004

> 1.  Do you mean LFS 5.0-pre2, or 5.1-pre2 ?

LFS 5.1 Pre2, I mispoke.

> 2.  I'm reading that you can't compile _any_ working kernel with the
> Slackware config?  Which kernel version does Slackware 9.1 ship with?

That's right. But like you said Slack might have patched it some, so
I'm going to try recreating that config from scratch on the LFS partition
and see if that changes anything.
Slack 9.1 uses 2.4.22, same as LFS 5.1 Pre2.

> 3.  SCSI / RAID is a wide area.  I guess you are using hardware RAID

Yes, its hardware RAID.  Dell PERC 3/Di Raid Controller if anyone else uses
a similiar setup.