UPDATE

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Jun 1 14:49:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Ryan Julian wrote:

> Sorry, but I wnated to add this in:
> the book mentions that it is veryu important to edit the make_devices
> script properly, I looked over the script and it doesn't seem to require
>   editing. Can anybody help me with this?

 If you have, for example, only one hard disk with only two partitions,
no mice, no usb, no framebuffers then it may suit you perfectly as it
is. [ Actually, I can't remember if the standard version uncomments
framebuffers. I know it has some usb, so missing printers / scanners/
mice won't stop you heading to BLFS. ] Most people who complain about it
get problems when they try to mount a disk partition that is not listed
in /dev.  Some of us have a lot of partitions, e.g. people who dual-boot
mac OS9, others put LFS onto a separate disk (check how many partitions
the script defaults to for hdb/c/d).

HTH

Ken