What is loadproc?

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Tue Jun 1 11:20:53 PDT 2004

JazerNorth wrote:

> Below is a basic init script to load/unload a daemon to the system
> during startup/shutdown.  What I don't understand is loadproc.  What
> is it, and where can I find documentation.  I have searched Google for
> [loadproc bash], but to no avail.  What I am trying to accomplish is
> set the nice parameters on one program that seems to be sucking all of
> my CPU cycles (time).  It is fine to do when nothing else is running,
> but when I have other items I need ran, I can't have it using up the
> cycles.

Loadproc is a function in /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions.  It handles
starting the daemon specified, and printing the fancy little [OK]
mesage.  As a LFS user, you should be able to read the shell script and
figure it out.  The functions file is also well commented.  Makes me
wonder why you didn't do this in the first place

-J-