What is loadproc?

JazerNorth google at jaynorth.net
Tue Jun 1 11:07:17 PDT 2004

Below is a basic init script to load/unload a daemon to the system
during startup/shutdown.  What I don't understand is loadproc.  What is
it, and where can I find documentation.  I have searched Google for
[loadproc bash], but to no avail.  What I am trying to accomplish is set
the nice parameters on one program that seems to be sucking all of my
CPU cycles (time).  It is fine to do when nothing else is running, but
when I have other items I need ran, I can't have it using up the cycles.

So if anyone knows what loadproc is and where to find documenatation,
please let me know.
Also, if anyone knows how to automate the nice to a daemon on startup,
let me know that also.

Thanks.

JN

code -->

#!/bin/bash
# Begin $rc_base/init.d/{PGMNAME}

source /etc/sysconfig/rc
source $rc_functions

case "$1" in
      start)
           echo "Starting {PGMNAME}..."
           loadproc /usr/sbin/{PGMNAME}
           ;;
      stop)
           echo "Stopping {PGMNAME}..."
           killproc /var/bin/{PGMNAME}
           ;;
      reload)
           echo "Reloading {PGMNAME}..."
           killall -HUP {PGMNAME}
           ;;
      restart)
           $0 stop
           sleep 1
           $0 start
           ;;
      status)
           statusproc /usr/bin/{PGMNAME}
           ;;
      *)
           echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|reload|restart|status}"
           exit 1
           ;;
esac
# End $rc_base/init.d/{PGMNAME}