Network is unreachable

Gökhan IBIS goekhan_ibis at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 22 11:39:56 PDT 2004

--- Gökhan IBIS <goekhan_ibis at yahoo.de> wroted:
> hi all!
> I have finished reading the book, and I followed all
> the instruction from the book...everything is ok but
> when I boot I get this error:
> Bringing up the eth0 interface...
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource busy    [  OK  ]
> Setting up default gateway...
> SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable        [Failed]

more and more I'm thinking that the main problem is
this "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource busy"

my touchpad is using Interrupt 10 and during booting
I've read that eth0 is also going to use Interrupt 10
but in /proc/interrupts there is no eth0...Perhaps I
could solve this problem, if I force eth0 to use
Interrupt 11 which isn't in use right now.

How can I do that ?
Any proposals ?

Note: First I have searched this problem in the FAQ
and in the mailing list...there where a few topics
with the same problem but none of the solutions
presented there worked.

.Gökhan.