How to amend gcc's specs?

Micheal Joe zoujun at softtone.com
Wed Jul 28 18:29:06 PDT 2004

Hello.I have worked in LFS for two days. There is so many problem for me
because I
am a linux beginner. I use Redhat linux 9.0 workstation as host system.
According to
the LFS-book 5.1.1 in chapter 5, amending the gcc's specs is needed.
However, I am
not sure which specs needs amending. where is the file located? And when
I replace the
specs file in /tools/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/specs with content that the book
offers,
compiling was wrong. Then I change specs in
/mnt/lfs/gcc-3.3.3/gcc/specs, compiling
worked, but linker is wrong, which pointed to /lib/ld-linux.so.2.
How to amend gcc's specs?

							sincerely
							Micheal Joe