binutils won't install

gedi gedi at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 28 11:27:52 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 02:35, Joel Miller wrote:
> Are you sure this is what was dumped to the screen? The specific error
> you encountered appears to be missing. Perhaps this is a log you made
> without directing stderr to the file? In any case, without a specific
> error I'm not sure anyone on the list can help. I sure can't at least.

What I posted, I had pasted striaght from the shell. You can see the end of
the screen dump where my prompt is. I have no other error messages to go off.

Obviously I can't give in so does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do
next?
Shall I try installing it as root?
Will that make a difference to the end product?

Thanks.