binutils won't install

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Tue Jul 27 18:35:14 PDT 2004

Gedi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first attempt at building LFS and I seem to have fell at the first
> hurdle.
> I'm using the current stable version (5.1.1) and everything had been going
> fine and I understood everything so far.
>
> I'm now into ch5 and ready to start the build of the temp system.
>
> I have binutils 2.14 and ./configure and make went according to plan using all
> arguments and it produces no errors.
> I now come to 'make install' and I am getting an error. Here is the last part
> of my screen dump:
<snip>

Are you sure this is what was dumped to the screen? The specific error
you encountered appears to be missing. Perhaps this is a log you made
without directing stderr to the file? In any case, without a specific
error I'm not sure anyone on the list can help. I sure can't at least.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182