Compile error in 2nd run gcc-3.3.3

InvD invd at gmx.net
Tue Jul 27 13:28:42 PDT 2004

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Dennis Clausen wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've got a problem while compiling gcc for the second time (in
>> chapter 5): 'configure' runs perfekt without any problems but when I
>> 'make', I get this error (hope, this is enough information):
>>
>> ../../../../gcc-3.3.3/libstdc++-v3/src/locale-inst.cc:225:
>> instantiated from here

/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-li
>> nux-gnu/bits/messages_members.h:50: warning: unused
>>    parameter `const char*__s'
>> xgcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
>> Please submit a full bug report.
>> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>> make[3]: *** [locale-inst.lo] Error 1
>
>  Internal errors mean one of two things - either the platform is
> broken in a subtle manner (unlikely on i686), or your hardware is
> flakey (overheating, overclocking, passing your own CFLAGS to the
> compile as if this was gentoo, memory going bad, power supply
> problems, ...)
>
>  If you aren't aware of any obvious problems, run memtest86 overnight
> to check the memory.
>
> Ken
> --
>  das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce

Uhm, that sounds not good...thanks for your advise! I forgot to mention: I
used VMWare Workstation Trial for this "experiment", my Mandrake Linux runs
perfekt on the host machine. Might this be a problem?

BTW: Your Sig: That's Marx, right? :)

Dennis