Compile error in 2nd run gcc-3.3.3

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 27 12:34:31 PDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Dennis Clausen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've got a problem while compiling gcc for the second time (in chapter 5):
> 'configure' runs perfekt without any problems but when I 'make', I get this
> error (hope, this is enough information):
>
> ../../../../gcc-3.3.3/libstdc++-v3/src/locale-inst.cc:225:   instantiated
> from here
> /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-li
> nux-gnu/bits/messages_members.h:50: warning: unused
>    parameter `const char*__s'
> xgcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make[3]: *** [locale-inst.lo] Error 1

 Internal errors mean one of two things - either the platform is broken
in a subtle manner (unlikely on i686), or your hardware is flakey
(overheating, overclocking, passing your own CFLAGS to the compile as if
this was gentoo, memory going bad, power supply problems, ...)

 If you aren't aware of any obvious problems, run memtest86 overnight to
check the memory.

Ken