LFS Unstable

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Mon Jul 19 14:58:29 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 14:41, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Justin Knierim wrote:
> >
> >> Opps, sorry, which is the right list then?
> >

> > lfs-support is for released versions of LFS, of which the latest is 5.1.1.
> >
> > lfs-dev is for "testing" versions of LFS, which is currently in the
> > process of becoming 6.0.
> >
> > lfs-hackers is for "unstable" versions of LFS.
> >
> > I believe this information is in the FAQ, but it may not be up to date
> > regarding the testing/unstable split.
>
> This is not my understanding at all. I thought support is for
> all support issues related to LFS builds. I though dev is for
> discussion of development issues having to do with the content
> of the book. I thought hackers was for anything not currently
> in any of the LFS versions.
>
> --
> Randy

With the new structure, it's kind of confusing.  Here's the structure as
it should probably be:

lfs-support: support inquiries related to either the release or testing
versions

lfs-dev: Book development related discussions, also support for testing
version builds would be appropriate here as well.

lfs-hackers: anything related to things beyond the testing build
(including unstable).

-J-