LFS Unstable

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 19 12:56:23 PDT 2004

Justin Knierim wrote:

> 1.  We replaced net-tools with iproute2.  I could not build iproute2
> with the normal sanitized kernel headers.  I had to (as suggested in the
> INSTALL file) edit the Makefile and change the kernel headers directory
> to /tools/glibc-kernheaders.  Then it would build.  If this is the
> correct solution, I do not know.

This is the wrong list, but anyway... I have built four systems using
current unstable instructions without this problem occurring, as have
many others. Exactly what problem did you run into?

> 2.  Now that I have finished the build, I have one problem.  I cannot
> build some programs (namely the kernel) since the hostname binary is
> missing.  According to my google search, it was in the net-tools
> package.  Is there a different package we will use to supplement
> iproute2?  Or did I overlook/miss something?

If you used the proper coreutils patch, your system would have included
the hostname binary from that package.