LFS Unstable

Justin Knierim lfs at jrknierim.de
Mon Jul 19 12:37:06 PDT 2004

Dmitry N. Gubin wrote:

> Hi.
> People. I need your help.
> 2 build LFS Version SVN-20040714 I need IPRoute2 Disable DB Patch.
> But i can't download it, because I can't find it at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/lfs/cvs/unstable/.
> Please, e-mail me this patch.
> P.S. Sorry 4 my terrible English.

I just finished a build a couple hours ago, and also could not find it.
Since I will later need db anyways, I installed it and did not need the
patch.  If I see it anywhere, I will let you know.

On the topic of LFS unstable, there are two points I would like to make:

1.  We replaced net-tools with iproute2.  I could not build iproute2
with the normal sanitized kernel headers.  I had to (as suggested in the
INSTALL file) edit the Makefile and change the kernel headers directory
to /tools/glibc-kernheaders.  Then it would build.  If this is the
correct solution, I do not know.

2.  Now that I have finished the build, I have one problem.  I cannot
build some programs (namely the kernel) since the hostname binary is
missing.  According to my google search, it was in the net-tools
package.  Is there a different package we will use to supplement
iproute2?  Or did I overlook/miss something?

Thanks for the great work all!

--
Justin R. Knierim
lfs at jrknierim dot de