Crosscompiling: getting rid of compiler prefix

H. Wiese 7.e.Q at syncro-community.de
Thu Jul 15 23:06:02 PDT 2004

Hello,

I just built up an LFS using a crosscompiling documentation that told me to
add --host="i586-pc-linux-gnu" and --target="i586-pc-linux-gnu" to almost
every configure I had to run during LFS built. Nearly everything worked fine
but I got some tools compiled which got a prefix added to its names. Looks
like this now (ie. modutils):

i586-pc-linux-gnu-modprobe
i586-pc-linux-gnu-depmod
i586-pc-linux-gnu-lsmod
i586-pc-linux-gnu-rmmod

and so on. Now how do I get rid of those prefixes while compiling or
installing? I hope I won't have to install them manually by establishing
links to all those files or something...

Thanx in advance...

Hendrik