Test Suite for gcc-3.3.3 - Chapter 6

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Jul 15 13:43:21 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, noname wrote:

> Hi
> I have the problem that iam already waiting more than 3 hours (or 20SBUs)
> while the test suite for gcc-3.3.3 is running in chapter 6 .
> The Problem is that most of the time. until now, these lines are on screen :
[---]
> Runnig /sources/gcc-3.3.3/gcc/testsuite/g++.old-deja/old-deja.exp ...
>

> But the system is not hanging because i can switch between consoles and the
> cursor on the test suite console is still blinking.
> Should i wait until tomorrow or should i stop the check and start it again ?

 In a different console, try running `top'.  If the test is hanging, the
system should be around 99% idle for a long time [ any tests using
'expect' can make the box _appear_ idle for periods of a few minutes ].
And if your screen has enough rows, or you have few enough processes,
top will show you everything running.

 Are you logging the output somewhere, or is it all going to the screen?
- it sounds awfully quiet.  If you _are_ logging, tail -f the log in yet
another console.  Many of us have seen one of the tests
(filebuf_members) hang, I think I put a patch to revert this test on the
patches site.

 What puzzles me is why you have a cursor while a command is running,
but that isn't relevant to your problem.

 Last thought - if you are using a kvm switch (one screen/keyboard,
multiple PCs), some of them get messed up with the switch-computer hot
key and suspend screen output until you thump the key again.

Ken