Problem with getting the LFS source on Harddisc

Rainer P. Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at mail.physnet.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jul 14 00:30:45 PDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, noname wrote:

> I have downloaded this file and it helped me a lot, thanks.
> but i didn't had to partitionize and "format" my hd as i had i done before
> with my other bootcd
> so i had just to promt the "boot promt" at the beginning with <ENTER>.
> and than after succesfull creating the rescue system i just had to mount the
> cdrom (with the LFS packeges) to copy them to the even mounted, and before
> prepared, storage-HD i use for the LFS tarbals.
> after that i worked on with my other bootcd, but thanks again for these file
> without it i weren't able to go on or just starting with creating my LFS

Howde!
someone used my not so comfortable rescue-cd ;-)

the boot prompt yea, ah you don't have to prompt for the prompt, it is
hiding behind the kernel messaged which apeard AFTER the prompt :-)

I hope you load the right ide-drivers for your system BEFORE mounting
anything, because then you will get DMA and copying with DMA is much
faster :-)

whith linux.rescue there is also dhcpcd, I have used that to install a
notebook from network, nice (almost professional) :-)

CUH Rainer Peter Feller