Problem with getting the LFS source on Harddisc

Rainer P. Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at mail.physnet.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jul 13 09:08:42 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, noname wrote:

> Hi
> Iam trying to install LFS from a bootcd because i just have an empty hd
> without an OS,
> so i downloaded a LFS bootdisc from linuxfromscatch.org.
> The Problem is that i have the LFS tarballs on my second PC so i burned them
> to another cd,
> i thought that i can umount the LFS bootdisc after initialising, and then
> put the LFS packages cd in and copy the files on hd, but when i try to
> umount the /cdrom i get the message:
> "umount: /cdrom: device is busy".
> The Problem is that i have no other choice as to burn the LFS packages on
> cd,
> how can i put them on the hd?
> or what should i do?

hu! that aswer is "simple" ;-)

just get a boot-cd which boots a initrd-rescuesystem :-)

the not so simple solution build yourself such a cd :-O

you might wanna have a look at P-linux.desy.de there is such a boot cd
but it needs an awfull lot of ram ...

I've created a boot cd which uses a 80MB ramdisk ...

just get http://p-linux.desy.de/iso/P-rescue.iso 50M
burn on cd and let it run
WARNING!!!! there is no real init process!!!!
exit means dead of kernel
/mini/bin/bash is init!!!!

or ask again

CUH Rainer Peter Feller