GCC-3.3.3 Chapter 6

Gökhan Ibis goekhan_ibis at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 13 04:05:17 PDT 2004

H. Wiese wroted:
 > Looks like you missed to copy the kernel headers

I think that's not the problem...
in Chapter 6 - Linux-2.4.26 headers I've done that:
cp -a /tools/include/{asm,asm-generic,linux} /usr/include
touch /usr/include/linux/autoconf.h

H. Wiese wroted:
 > or just didn't told
 > gcc configure where to find them.

I have just copied the command from the book:
../gcc-3.3.3/configure --prefix=/usr \
     --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix \
     --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu \
     --enable-languages=c,c++

H. Wiese wroted:
 > Maybe repeating the needed Step will do the trick.

for all that I have repeated the step where I have to copy the headers
and I reconfigured gcc-3.3.3...again no problem but when I try to
compile I get exactly the same error as mentioned in my previous mail/post.

any idea ?

Gökhan.