Boot issue

Robert Horton trebor at agarithil-nost.com
Wed Jul 7 07:20:16 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I just finished the unstable CVS book. I made sure to FBBG. Upon
attempting to reboot into my new LFS with the 2.6.7 kernel I get this:

Uncompressing Linux....Ok, Booting the kernel
{a uname is done, all info is correct}
Bios provided physical RAM map:
{several lines of BIOS memory mappings}
511MB LOWMEM available
On node 0 totalpages: 131056
	DMA zone: 4096 pages, LIFO batch:1
	Normal zone: 126960 pages, LIFO batch:16
	HighMem zone: 0 pages, LIFO batch:1

and that is where it sits. I left it for several minutes on the of
chance that it was doing something time consuming but to no avail.

So I look to the LFS community and the collective wisdom of those that
have gone before me. :) What could this be? Based on the output I am
fairly certain it is something in the kernel config itself since it has
not started init yet, but do not know what or where to look.

I am all ears my compadres. What say you all?

Rob