Kernel and hardware

Georgi Chulkov g9405 at dir.bg
Sat Jul 3 04:51:14 PDT 2004

Greetings!

I have finally assembled my first LFS system (so proud :)) but I am
having problem with getting the kernel to support everything on my Dell
D800 laptop. Could someone give me a little direction as to where to go
looking for information such as what options to specify when compiling
the kernel and what modules to add to it in order to support a certain
type of hardware... some online database, some detection tools, who
knows...

I'm sure others would find this useful too.

Thanks!