Cant compile Gettext-0.14.1

bleachin bleachin999 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 07:09:00 PDT 2004

Hello all,
    I'm having some problems getting gettext to compile, I had a look
around and have seen it mentioned that it may not be necassary, plus
also comments that 0.11 would work with the current version of bash (is
this still the case with 0.14). But through all of this searching I
havent found the answer to my problem.

Here is the error message from the confile.log

config.status:672: creating Makefile
configure:3160: configuring in auto-lib-link
configure:3277: running /bin/sh './configure' --prefix=/tools
'--prefix=/tools' --cache-file=/dev/null --scrdir=.
configure:3282: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for autoconf-lib-link

any help on understanding the failure in the last line, and where to go
from here would be most appreciated

Bleach