LFS 5.0; make install fails

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Sat Jan 31 16:05:18 PST 2004

Using SuSE 9.0 as host. Binutils-2.14 compiles without errors but fails
with make install error.  I've never received an install error before.
What additional info is needed to help?
<compile>
:
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/lfs-packages/
binutils-build/etc'
$ /mnt/lfs/sources/lfs-packages/binutils-build
$ make install
/bin/sh ../binutils-2.14/mkinstalldirs /tools /tools
mkdir /tools
mkdir /tools
make: *** [installdirs] Error 1

--
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,