Booting LFS from CF

Mike Asher masher at bin19.com
Sat Jan 31 11:05:36 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Abhishek Bhatnagar" <bhatnagar at students.iiit.net>
To: <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 12:08 PM
Subject: Booting LFS from CF

> hi,
>    i am using lfs-5.0 for my robotics project. I have configured an image
> which will go into CF. Can u tell me how this image be put into CF. I
> am using a VIA board.
>

> regards
>
> ABHISHEK BHATNAGAR
> IIIT Hyderabad (INDIA)

As long as your bios supports booting from CF, it should be straightforward.
Simply mount the CF as you would a drive, setup fs, copy your image over,
and point your bootloader to it.  Just read your board docs to see where the
CF shows up...on the Via boards I use, it's jumperable to hdc1 or 2, but it
varies by board to almost anywhere.

-
Mike