glibc: /bin/sh: line 1: configure.in command not found

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 29 04:58:53 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Thomas Mubis wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> Ken - thanks for your response.
>
> > If nobody recognises this, you probably need to look in detail at the
> > tests that were run before this, and the contents of the log file that
> > configure created.  At a guess, something is missing / not found.
>
> I installed binutils, gcc and linux headers without problems. I only can run
> the test suite for glibc after the compiling with 'make'. Are there any
> tests I can do before ?
>
> thanks,
> Thomas

 Sorry, Thomas, my choice of words is causing confusion again.  In this
context, tests meant anything run by the configure script, basically all
of the messages that start 'checking for '.

 The problem with coming from an LFS before the pure-lfs hint was merged
is that if things went wrong we were often blissfully ignorant and
mostly saw no symptoms.  I think you said your host was LFS 4.1 ?  If it
was any older (grep <2.5) I'd be inclined to suspect egrep had been
wrongly symlinked to grep, but recent versions of grep work fine like
that.  I don't know exactly what to look for, but I think one of the
fairly boring utilities is subtly broken.

 Alternatively, maybe your new binutils didn't get installed correctly
after you tested it (again, the output from configure should show you
when it gets to 'checking version of as').

Ken
--
This is a job for Riviera Kid!