can i update kernel to 2.6.1

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 29 03:44:42 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Jochen Schroeder wrote:

> Updating from a 2.4 kernel to a 2.6 kernel is not trivial. If you don't
> really know what you are doing stay with the 2.4 kernel at the moment.
> If you are adventurous follow lfs-hackers for further info o this.
> Cheers
> jochen

 Sorry to take issue with you Jochen, but upgrading to a 2.6 kernel on
an LFS which was built with the headers from a 2.4 kernel _is_ trivial,
at least for people who have learned to find the documentation and build
the required dependencies.  My reading of the original post was that
this was what he'd done.  Whether an early 2.6 kernel works adequately
is a different question, very much down to the individual hardware (and
to a small extent the applications), which is what we are seeing here.

 Now, if you are talking about people trying to build against 2.6 kernel
headers then I agree 100%.

Ken
--
This is a job for Riviera Kid!