glibc: /bin/sh: line 1: configure.in command not found

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 29 03:37:07 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Thomas Mubis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I still do have the compiling problem with glibc in Chapter 5 of LFS 5.0.
> I started again, made chmod 777 on everything in /mnt/lfs , no change.
> I installed the packages from the lfs-packages-5.0.tar.
> The linuxthreads are unpacked as mentioned.
>
> Every help is really appreciated, otherwise I've to stop my LFS 5.0 project.
> LFS 4.1 worked fine for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas
>

> lfs at lfstest:/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build> make
> make -r PARALLELMFLAGS="" CVSOPTS="" -C ../glibc-2.3.2 objdir=`pwd` all
> make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.3.2'
> configure.in > configure.new
> /bin/sh: line 1: configure.in: command not found
> make[1]: *** [configure] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.3.2'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> lfs at lfssrv:/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build>

 I've no idea what is wrong here, but I imagine that in a working build
there would be something (sed with instruction, or cp) to process
configure.in into configure.new.  I've just looked at my own logs, but
for some reason configure.in doesn't appear there.

 If nobody recognises this, you probably need to look in detail at the
tests that were run before this, and the contents of the log file that
configure created.  At a guess, something is missing / not found.

Ken
--
This is a job for Riviera Kid!