please help

Guido Scholtes guido at eyez.nl
Thu Jan 29 02:21:00 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm building my LFS system and untill now everything went ok. I don't know
if this is the place to ask for help. If it isn't please tell me where to
get help?

On the other hand, if it is, here's my problem:

The book (lfs 5.0) want to install perl-5.8.0. Because I couldn't find this
package I have tried to install perl-5.8.1. This doesn't work. The following
error occurs and I don't get a chance to press 'Y'.

> ls: x2p/util.c: No such file or directory
> ls: x2p/util.h: No such file or directory
> ls: x2p/walk.c: No such file or directory
> ls: XSUB.h: No such file or directory
> ls: xsutils.c: No such file or directory

> THIS PACKAGE SEEMS TO BE INCOMPLETE.

> You have the option of continuing the configuration process, despite the
> distinct possibility that your kit is damaged, by typing 'y'es.  If you
> do, don't blame me if something goes wrong.  I advise you to type 'n'o
> and contact the author (perlbug at perl.org).

> Continue? [n] ABORTING...

I have put an enormous amount of time in lfs so far. Please help me to get
arround this bug?

Greetings,
Guido Scholtes
---