LFS 5.0 on a SuSE 9.0 host

Henry K van Eyken vaneyken at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 28 06:28:30 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 07:59, Thomas Mubis wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I've bad trouble compiling glibc on a Suse 9.0 host, just see my further
> postings.
> Did someone got luck with SuSE 9.0 and LFS 5.0 ?
>
> thanks,
> Thomas

Thomas.

I'd prefer a more advanced person answer your call, but for what it is
worth, this is my reaction.

I had trouble with glibc too, with RedHat 9, but have since gone through
that phase successfully. Reflecting back on what I may have dome wrong
my mind turns to the filemask, i.e. the permissions.

In one attempt I may have overlooked to issue the command
	chmod a+wt $LFS/sources
ref. bottom Introduction to Ch. 4.

Also, after logging into /home/lfs, I changed to superuser mode to
ensure root would take care of file permission issues. It got me through
Ch. 5 unscathed except for a couple of warnings during test runs that
certain tests could not be performed because of su.

To be sure, I am a rank amateur so I do hope you will get a better
response from someone more qualified.

Henry

--
Henry K van Eyken <vaneyken at sympatico.ca>