Is Knoppix configured properly to build LFS off of?

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Tue Jan 27 13:39:53 PST 2004

Once upon a time (on Tuesday 27 January 2004 17:11), LFS wrote :
 > I would really like to build LFS, but I don't have a current distro
 > installed, and I would like to just boot into Knoppix, format the
 > partition I just made, and work from Knoppix.

I've installed LFS 5.0 from Knoppix 3.3. Worked very well, although
painfully slow on my P166MMX with 48MiB RAM and 12X CDROM... :-/
Anyway, as soon as you enter chroot, you work directly off the disk
and it iss much faster!

I had no test failure, except those pointed out in the book.

Regards,
Yann.

--
|  Yann E. MORIN  | Real-Time Embedded | /"\   ASCII RIBBON            |