CDRom Stuck

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Jan 27 13:16:05 PST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, K. Mike Bradley wrote:

> >You're making me confused now :)
>
> I understand about everything and got around the problem ok.
>
> I just didn't understand why I can see the file "MAKEDEV-1.7" as root but
> not as lfs user after I chroot'ed.
>
> If I do ls-a it shows as root but not as the lfs user.

 Me neither, because you become root to run chroot, so once you're in
the jail you also have all powers over it.  As user lfs outside chroot,
you have a permissions problem - either you can't read (or execute,
which means search) the directory, or perhaps you can't read the file.

 Anyway, don't let it worry you, just keep feeding the source to chroot
;)

Ken
--
This is a job for Riviera Kid!