Boot LFS from compact flash into ramdrive?

BoB dontrspamrmen at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jan 27 07:59:47 PST 2004

"Ken Moffat" <ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.58.0401271246480.16638 at ppg_penguin...
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, BoB wrote:
>

> > I'd like to boot from the CF card in a read-only fashion, loading an LFS
> > system to a ramdrive.  Are there any docs that describe this more in
depth?
> > Can someone offer a pointer or some assistance?  FWIW, I already have a
dev
> > box running SuSE, so I'll only be running LFS on the other device.
> >

>  Not quite what you asked, but there's the readonly_rootfs.txt hint at
> your local mirror (i.e. '/' is read only, so much less needs to be in
> your ramdrive, but access to the CF is reputed to be slow).
>
> Ken

Ken,

Thanks for your reply.  Basically, I don't want to read binaries at run time
from the CF.  I just want it to be like a boot cd.  Start up, load a big
image from the CF into a ramdrive and run from the ramdrive.  I'm going to
use LFS 'cause I wanna customize what's in the image.

BoB