compiler options used for binaries - how to find out

Helmut Jarausch jarausch at skynet.be
Tue Jan 27 07:09:31 PST 2004

Hi,
sorry this is quite a bit offtopic but I'd be glad if someone
had an idea.
I made a dumb mistake and built the whole LFS system plus many packages
in addition by using the compiler option 'march=pentium3' sometimes.
Now I've recognized that older Athlons don't acceptt SSE instructions so
I get 'invalid instruction' exceptions on those machines.

Is there any means to find out the compiler options used for builing
libraries / binaries?

Many thanks,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik