CDRom Stuck

K. Mike Bradley kmb at mikienet.com
Mon Jan 26 19:38:27 PST 2004

I'm sorry. I didn't explain well.
The CDRom was mounted when I did the chroot.
I am new to linux but I noticed that when a CDROM is mounted the eject
button does not work until it is unmounted.
I think that is my problem?
I don't want to reboot because I could never get back to where I am.
I have left the PC (on a UPS) for a week now.

I think the MAKEDEV-1.7.bz2 is on the CDROM but I can't mount it.
Is there a way to mount the CDROM after the chroot?
Or Download the file using FTP.

It seems I am in a quasi state where the new root I chroot'ed into is bare
and unbootable and has no functions (like FTP or cdrom mounting)

I really have no idea how best to solve this problem.