Binutils pass 2

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Jan 26 13:57:11 PST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, John Paul wrote:

> Well, I've tried your suggestions. I moved the build and  source folders
> to old, and I try to build binutils for  clean sources.
> Nothing changed except the output message, see below.
>
> what should I do now ?
>
> John
>
> Test Run By lfs on Mon Jan 26 20:14:03 2004
> Native configuration is i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
>                 === binutils tests ===
>
> Schedule of variations:
>     unix
>
> Running target unix
> Using /tools/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for target.
> Using /tools/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for target.
> Using /media/lfs/sources/binutils-2.14/binutils/testsuite/config/default.exp as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
> Running /media/lfs/sources/binutils-2.14/binutils/testsuite/binutils-all/ar.exp ...
> FAIL: ar long file names

make the symlink for stty!

If that _isn't_ the problem, there is a file in one of the binutils
directories (sorry, can't remember whether it's the build or source
directory) containing the test results - it's two or three levels down,
so use ls -lR | more to look for it (or ls -lR | less outside chroot, of
course).  Read through it to find exactly what is happening, but in my
case this exact failure was caused by the missing stty symlink.

Ken
--
This is a job for Riviera Kid!