CDRom Stuck

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Mon Jan 26 12:22:24 PST 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 20:25, K. Mike Bradley wrote:
> I just got to Chapter 6
>
> Did chroot, all ok, but ...
>

> My CDROM is stuck in the damn thing and I can't mount it or get it out to
> remount the CD with the source files I missed.
>
> Can't power down now or all will be lost. I would never get my place back.
>

> Stuck at MAKEDEV ... Waiting patiently.
>
> {will Gates win in the end???}

Hi,

This looks like a new thread to me, try posting it as such.

I would follow Ken's advice first, but _as a last resort_ there should be a
little hole at the front of the cdrom drive. Straighten a paperclip and
insert it. This should eject the cd. You possibly don't need the
screwdrivers.

Regards - Allard

allard at quicknet.nl