LFS-5.0-chap06-coreutils-configure gives error

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Mon Jan 26 07:34:55 PST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:29:44 +0530 (IST), Radha Kumar Reddy Pulyala
<radha_kumar at students.iiit.net> wrote:

> LFS-5.0-chap06
> while installing coreutils, configure gives error,
> "checking for C compiler default output... configure:  error: C compiler
> cannot create executables".
> I didnot install the glibc and gcc in chap06 and directly started with
> coreutils but I installed all the tools of chap05.
>
> can you plz tell me how to proceed

The book is meant to be followed as written. It is not pick and choose
what you want to install. How do you expect to have a working system if
you arent going to install at the very least glibc on your final system?

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182