LFS-CVS-2004-01-21 - Chapter 6 - chroot

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Mon Jan 26 05:07:07 PST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Greg Schafer wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 02:30:40PM +0100, Lux wrote:
> > Just finished Chapter 5 of lfs-cvs-2004-01-21 (used patch-2.5.9,
> > diffutils-2.8.4, tar-1.13.92, linux-2.6.1), and now, in chapter 6 when
> > trying to enter chroot environment it returns me "/tools/bin/env:  not
> > such file or directory". I followed the book line by line, expect for
> > those packages mentioned before.
> > GCC Specs file points to /tools/lib64/ld-linux.x86-64.so.2, so this is
> > not the problem.
> > CPU is an AMD HAMMER 3200+, host distro is SuSE 9.0 PRO for AMD64.
> >
> > How to solve the problem?

And don't forget to use the FAQ. It may have your answer (or not) and
often allows you to find and solve your problem with less delay.

<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html#any-no-such-file

It also saves the time of the folks on the list, reduces list clutter.

> For starters, check the problematic env binary by looking at output of:
>
> readelf -l /tools/bin/env | grep terpr
>
> PS - lfs-support is for supporting the book. If using packages not in the
> book, you're on your own and probably better off on lfs-hackers. Good luck.

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet