LFS-CVS-2004-01-21 - Chapter 6 - chroot

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Sun Jan 25 11:21:25 PST 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:30:40 +0100, Lux <luca.piol at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just finished Chapter 5 of lfs-cvs-2004-01-21 (used patch-2.5.9,
> diffutils-2.8.4, tar-1.13.92, linux-2.6.1), and now, in chapter 6 when
> trying to enter chroot environment it returns me "/tools/bin/env:  not
> such file or directory". I followed the book line by line, expect for
> those packages mentioned before.
> GCC Specs file points to /tools/lib64/ld-linux.x86-64.so.2, so this is
> not the problem.
> CPU is an AMD HAMMER 3200+, host distro is SuSE 9.0 PRO for AMD64.
>
> How to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Luca

I don't know specifically what your problem is but I need to tell you two
things. The x86-64 platform supposedly does not work absolutely correctly
by just following the book. If you search at search.linuxfromscratch.org
for x86-64 then you will find a website by E. Johnson, I believe, who has
notes on how to make the book work correctly for the x86-64 platform.
Secondly, you CANNOT use a 2.6 kernel with the current book instructions.
This will undoubtedly fail unless you use sanitized headers and not the
raw kernel headers. I suggest you read the 2.6 with NPTL hint at
hints.linuxfromscratch.org for 2.6 kernel instructions and do some reading
on the lfs-hackers archive.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182