Ch. 5, Installing Linux-2.4.22 headers

Alex Potter spambin at apcuk.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 24 21:21:35 PST 2004

Henry K van Eyken thusly spake in
<1075004110.4498.19.camel at localhost.localdomain> :

> Hope I am not annoying the dyed-in-the-wool veterans on this list but I
> need a leg up on the "Installing Linux Headers" page of Chapter 5.
>
> I assume that the commands issued here are from the working directory
> $LFS/linux-2.4.22

It might be a good idea for you to re-read the introduction of chapter 4,
and the breginning of chapter 5.

> But if this assumption is correct then there seem to be some typos in
> the last five commands on those pages, to wit

There are no typos there

> Sorry if I am wrong, but this stuff is still intimidating for me.
>
> Henry

It doesn't pay to skip-read any of the introductory material. You may get
brain-ache occasionally, but if you follow the book with understanding
you'll get there in the end.

Good luck!

--
Regards