Ch. 5, Installing Linux-2.4.22 headers

Henry K van Eyken vaneyken at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 24 20:14:04 PST 2004

Hope I am not annoying the dyed-in-the-wool veterans on this list but I
need a leg up on the "Installing Linux Headers" page of Chapter 5.

I assume that the commands issued here are from the working directory
$LFS/linux-2.4.22

But if this assumption is correct then there seem to be some typos in
the last five commands on those pages, to wit

mkdir /tools/include/asm
cp include/asm/* /tools/include/asm
cp -R include/asm-generic /tools/include
cp -R include/linux /tools/include
touch /tools/include/linux/autoconf.h

Because both "linux-2.4.22" and "tools" are subdirectories of $LFS,
should these not be

mkdir ../tools/include/asm
cp include/asm/* ../tools/include/asm
cp -R include/asm-generic ../tools/include
cp -R include/linux ../tools/include
touch ../tools/include/linux/autoconf.h

Sorry if I am wrong, but this stuff is still intimidating for me.

Henry

--
Henry K van Eyken <vaneyken at sympatico.ca>