feedback re tmpfs

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Sat Jan 24 17:09:20 PST 2004

Hello again,

Thanks Bill for reminding me of the archives - informative and a lively
discussion it was. I thought I'd repost these links in case anyone is
interested.

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/
lfs-dev/2003-October/039106.html

This link appeared somewhere in the thread and is still alive - again, very
informative.

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-fs3.html

Beside linux-2.4+/Documentation/filesystems/tmpfs.txt, I've also checked the
libc manual, but here there is very little explanatory information

So I've gone back to mounting tmpfs on /dev/shm as well as on /tmp and /var/
tmp, although somewhere I read that mounting on /var/tmp is not such a good
idea as stuff here is sometimes needed after reboot. I can't imagine this,
why use a temporary directory then?

Regards - Allard.

allard at quicknet.nl